Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The dining room

Except for my continued procrastination on painting the baseboard, the dining room is pretty much done.  Here's the before (after we moved in, before stripping wallpaper)...
and after.  I posted an in-progress picture back in January when we were picking paint.  We didn't end up using that exact shade, but went with one that didn't have as much turquoise.  It's Glidden's Pool Party, and it's a little brighter in the daylight.  It's so happy!  The old thrift store tablecloths made easy and bright drapes, and I really love the way the fun prints on the chair seats turned out.  Rob and his Dad hung a light fixture here that we removed from another room; it was way too dark in there before.  The biggest pain in this project was puttying over a crack in the ceiling and some cracks that had formed between the upper molding and the ceiling, but of course those tasks also made a very big difference in the look of the outcome.  I'm gearing up to tackle the living room next but I think I may have to switch gears first and clean the basement, which is turning out to be a bit wetter than we'd though.  (Since we, um, didn't think it was supposed to be wet at all.  Oy.)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, unfortunately basements have a way of doing that. The room is lovely and I agree, your drapes are great!

    ReplyDelete