Saturday, August 7, 2010

Thinking ahead

Yes, it reached 102 degrees around here this week, but inside the air-conditioning I was working on a new hat and scarf set for Dorothy. When I went to Joann last weekend I knew I better come home with more than just fabric for Worth, so I also picked up some inexpensive yarn for Dorothy. It's just acrylic, but it's soft and should wash well, and with her fickle tastes there is always the possibility she will never wear it--I've wasted good wool on her before. I paid all of $4.50 for the yarn (at half off) and there's enough left for another project, so I feel good about not making any particular investment in it. It's a simple bulb-shaped hat that I fitted to her head as I went, and the scarf is just five rows of double-crochets with a little scalloped edge. I love how quickly bulky yarn works up! I used double-strands on the hat so it would be extra warm. The flower is an oversized version of the flower from this pattern. It seems a little overstated for the cap of a four-year-old, but, well, that's what four-year-olds like. It's adorable on, and I told her I will now always be able to spot her in her rainbow hat playing on the school playground once cool weather comes.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Soooooo cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overstated for a 4 year old? Is there such a thing? It's amazing, as always!

    ReplyDelete