Friday, April 29, 2011

An impromptu crafty yard sale

Ok, this is not normally what I do on this blog, but today something sad happened. My sewing machine died! I bravely took my screw driver and tried to investigate the problem, but (not being a sewing machine repair person) I really can't tell. It's an inexpensive machine so it's likely not worth fixing though I may try. Right now the needle is still sunk into a tote bag I was working on so I'm going to have to figure out how to get that out in any case. In the meantime, I'm going to use this opportunity to sell some stuff I don't really need and see if I can get money to just buy a better machine.

If you want to buy something just message me. I can ship for the cost of shipping if you'd like or if you're local we can work something out.

First, I will sell the jewelry I made two weeks ago and just make more for myself. $15.00 for the green pendant necklace and matching earrings, $20.00 for the red and amber set, and I think I'd have to charge $40.00 for the blue because those are really expensive beads (I bought them when we were DINKs, and I think they actually may have been that price for just the beads!).

This is a needle-felted flower. It's 4.5 inches from leaf tip to leaf tip. I will glue it to a headband or attach a pin clasp at no additional cost, or you can use it for something else as it is. I safety-pinned it to my gray wool coat once and loved it, then forgot all about it. $7.00.
Cotton batik purse. 12 inches at widest point. Fully lined, velcro closure. Never used.  $15.00.
Tote bag. Made from cotton upcycled from a never-used body pillow cover. Velcro closure. 15 inches wide, which is just the right size for carrying a standard-size notebook or a small load of groceries. $7.00.
Baby hat. 7 inches wide, I think it would fit about a 6 month old. (It is too small for Worth, though he has a particularly large head.) It is made from yarn that was gifted to me, but I would guess it to be a wool blend, though it could just be a better-quality acrylic. $5.00.
Last but not least, this is a fall-colors scarf. It's really pretty and I should go outside and take a better picture of it but I'm too lazy. I paid $25 for the really yummy wool, so I'm asking $40.00 for the scarf. It's not been blocked yet but I'll block it if you buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment