Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Socks and a snow queen

I've been sewing more than crocheting lately because I feel like if I have to stop in the middle of a project and have a baby, it will probably be easier to subsequently finish a sewing project than a crochet one. But I was still hanging onto a couple crochet projects I hadn't completed yet, and this pair of socks is one of them. They are superwash merino, soft, and so warm and comfy! I'm going to launder them tomorrow and pack them in my hospital bag. I'd never crocheted grown-up socks before, but I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. I suspect they won't be my last pair. I used the Ultimate Crocheted Socks pattern, and although I had to make adjustments suggested by other pattern users (use a smaller hook, start the gusset an inch early, mind the gusset-related errata), the final socks fit quite nicely. Wearing them around the house in a few weeks while snuggling my new baby will feel like quite a luxury!

In other news, this is how Dorothy insisted on dressing for a quick trip to Value Market today to purchase lentils. As if her snow queen getup itself weren't enough, her attitude when people (naturally) turned to stare or made comments was quite a riot. (Why did that girl make that noise? Why is that woman looking at me?)

No comments:

Post a Comment