Sunday, May 2, 2010

T-shirt rehab

I tried on a shirt at Target last week (bad neckline, so I didn't buy it) that had these cool flowers on it that seemed to be no more than torn strips of fabric sewn on in a spiral and finished with hand-drawn leaves. I decided to give it a try at home on a plain shirt that needed some embellishment. The flowers turned out nicely, although the cool batik pattern of the strips is pretty much obliterated. The hand-drawn (fabric marker) leaves look a little goofy because I'm a terrible drawer, but really the ones on the shirt at Target didn't look that great either, so we'll say it's part of the look. This shirt was a bit big on me to start out with, which can't be helped, but at least I like it better now than I did. I think I'll try to put more flowers on something soon, maybe something for Dorothy.

No comments:

Post a Comment