Thursday, June 3, 2010

Jam session


Busy day today! Trying to clean up around here for an open house this weekend (crossing fingers that we'll get some interest), got new tires on the car, and made strawberry jam with berries from my brother and sister-in-law's garden. Yum! Here's Dorothy with her jam face. I didn't bother processing the jars, as I learned last year that just one batch only lasts us a few weeks. They won't take up much room in the 'fridge until they are eaten up, especially since Dorothy is going through a stage where she'll only eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I love the sweet, homemade taste of the old-fashioned recipe with just strawberries and sugar, where you boil the s#!t out of it and it sets up on its own, but given the time constraints inherent in jam-making with a small baby I used pectin this year. So it tastes more like grocery-store jam, but I know it's not. :)
Now I'm off to party with my Mom who is retiring today. Hooray for Nana! Dorothy says "after today, Nana will be a stay-at-home-mom." Amen to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment